Wednesday, March 16, 2011

So I feel like I have to justify my dream to people a lot.
I often feel like an odd ball for having a heart for not the"global south" the third world or whatever you want to call it, but for Europe
I wonder sometimes if my call is less holy.
and I know this is all nonsence.
Ive been there
I've seen the need
I have felt needed
in my heart I have such a desire to bring not the joy of the world but the Joy of the Lord.

But why do I still feel like an oddball. Why do I feel like everyone thinks I just want to travel and see the world?
And I do, but the closer the time gets to going out, the more the desire to travel goes away, and the more my heart churns for living in Scotland. I realized the other day, that if I really lived in Scotland, and made a difference I would be happy if the only time I left was to go home to see my family. It would even be worth never skiing again, or whitewater rafting ( though I would be very sad to give these up, and you can do both of those in Scotland thank you Jesus).
Is it fear that makes me hesitant? Because the idea of moving to a country where I ony know about 30 people is pretty scary.
I'm wondering Where I go from here, because well God's been telling me lately that the next step I take is going to be a big big step.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweety, I enjoyed catching up on your posts. Perhaps you feel like an oddball because you are fully uniquely you. In reality, we are all oddballs. Some of us spend our lives trying not to be an oddball and striving instead to "fit the mold". Others, like you, embrace their uniqueness, spending their lives striving to understand and live out God's purpose in creating them uniquely. So, keep praying, seeking, living, responding, obeying, and embracing your "oddball"ness, remembering that God created you the way he did FOR HIS GOOD PLEASURE!!!

    Ephesians 2:10 (English Standard Version)
    "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them"

    Philippians 2:13 (English Standard Version)
    "for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

    ReplyDelete