Monday, March 14, 2011

me and music the confusing love story

So when i was little all I listen to was christian music, and Soundtracks
I was born a goody goody two shoes, and well I wanted only the purest things in life,
So I listened to Amy Grant,
and the Princess Collection,
and Point of Grace
and If I was feeling crazy I listened to Audio Adrenaline or The Waiting.
I acted like I wasnt interested in listening to N'Sync, and well I thought the Spice girls were the epitomy of sinful music.
and then I got to the age where all my friends shared there cd's on field trips
and I sat on the bus feeling like i was all by myself with my Adventures in Odessey CDs.
And then I got to middle school, and my music was not only unpopular ( I was used to that, I liked being semi-unique) but it was uncool, I had a harder time dealing with uncool.
So I forgot about music, and slowly slid into a silent life, listening to only what those around me listened too.
But when I got an ipod for my 18th birthday, I slowly started to emerge from my music funk, but I also slow realized I had no Idea what I liked.
I tried contemporary christian music but well I didn't like it anymore, it was cheesy, it was everything I was trying to get away from ( the christian ghetto thank you worldviews class)
So I slowly starting to listen to music by Christians who were not christian singers ( aka U2, The Fray)
but I felt so limited
(to be continued writers block)

No comments:

Post a Comment