Sunday, February 6, 2011

I lived in the winter wonderland this weekend
I saw pine trees coated with a dusting of snow
I saw mountains that made my heart smile
I encountered true community
and I found myself realizing. That I can't have just Scotland, or just the outdoors. God didn't create me for that.
Some how some way God will teach me how to combine both of these passions, I just have to be patient and wait, and it will be revealed.
I thought I learned how to be be myself 4 years ago, but as college goes on I am realizing that I only learned who I was four years ago, learning how to act like myself is only just beginning to happen.

and well the hardship of last summer, well the lesson might of been worth how horrible it was.
"That you will, dearie, and no mistake," said Mrs Beaver; "if there's anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking they're either braver than most or else just silly."
"Then he isn't safe?" said Lucy.
"Safe?" said Mr Beaver; "don't you hear what Mrs Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."
- C. S Lewis The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,

No comments:

Post a Comment