Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We live in a word where being real is celebrated, where people hate fakeness. But are we really real?
Could we walk up to someone and honestly say, I talked behind your back, I said mean awful things, but I still want you to love me and be my best friend?
Can we honestly tell the people around us that we don't feel accepted?
What would happen if someone honestly told the you they were trying to fit themselves into a mold?
Or that they were selfish and looked out for there best interest?
But don't we all do this, we are one way to the world, we are a different way inside ourselves.
But I'm starting to think more and more that if we were open about our failures are shortcomings, our ....... sins...... We would be loving people more, we would be loving Jesus more.

Hi I'm Kim
I wonder sometimes if I was suppossed to go to nursing school, and I ignored it so I could play in the mountains
I constantly look for approval

.... What are you not open about? ......
It's hard to be transparent isn't it? But what would the world look like if we truly learned to be?

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlin and I went to our first pre-marital counseling session last month, and it kinda opened my mind to what it REALLY means to be transparent. The pastor asked us what communication level we wanted in our marriage, and I said a 10. And then he explained what a "ten" really meant. Transparency is not nearly as easy as it sounds.

    If it means anything, I am really proud of you and admire your love and pursuit of adventure and God's Kingdom, I am certain that He is using you and leading you down the straight path He provided for you long ago.

    P.S: Hi, I'm Zack.
    I'm engaged to be married to a Godly woman that I don't feel like I deserve or am fit to lead. I'm a lot more insecure than I let others know and I have a fear of becoming my father.

    ReplyDelete