Wednesday, November 24, 2010

maybe my most honest post my whole time here

SO I thought I wanted to go home a few months ago, it was nothing compared today, except for the fact that if my family was here I would be perfectly content.
I woke up this morning and called home and got the news that my Gahgee was in the hospital and will have to have heart surgery in the near future. And I got to experience something, something that not everyone who participates in the USP program experience.
Dealing with family stuff over 8,000 miles from home, and having to rely on people who you haven't known for years and years. Not being with family to laugh, cry, and talk with, but feeling alone and completely disconnected. Not only from family at home but also the people who surround me. Sure people listened, but no one knows Gahgee, no one quite understands whats going on.
Theres a huge part of me that would do anything to be sitting with my parents in my Pappy and Grammy's living room, but I know there is a reason that God has me here right now, and I feel his comfort, and I will be home in a mere 3 weeks. I am having to rely on God a ton right now, but he is reminding me of something, that he is my rock and he is always there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment