Monday, November 22, 2010

a little update

So another week has passed, and I am a week closer to coming home
It's super weird to think about
This weekend was The honor college reunion. See I live in the Honor's college at Uganda Christian University which is a group of leaders in the school, and this weekend the had an alumni dinner/ reunion. So we put our fanciest dresses on and drove to the nice section of Kampala where we were greeted with a nice elegant dinner. It made me realize how much UCU has truly become my home away from home, and think about all the amazing people I have met.
This week is quite the week in the expat community here. See we are going to have thanksgiving dinner, with over 60 people, all the Americans on campus coming to celebrate the day of thanks. And it will be super sad to not be near Family on this day, but I think that this will defiantly be the next best thing. And it will be interesting to think about being thankful in a different context then at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment