Monday, November 1, 2010

Only 45 days left......

I am more than halfway through my time in Uganda. and that is so weird to think about and it brings forth so many emotions. Part of me wants to leave tomorrow, part of me wants to never leave. And the idea of saying goodbye to the people I have met already brings a lump in my throat.
I feel like I have learned a lot, changed so much, and then part of me wonders if I have changed at all. But looking back on old journal entries I know I have
The weird thing though is the changes Uganda has brought so far arent the changes I was expecting, I have seen poverty, I lived in it last week, I have seen community, I have seen many of the things I expected to. But it's not making me want to sell all my worldly possessions and live with the bare minimum. It is making me realize how blessed I am though, and how thankful I am. It's making me realize how much I love christian community, and the outdoors. Instead of changing me, it's almost like Uganda is strengthening me, giving me a push in the right direction.

by the way I can let you guys know about my plans for this summer now, and please be praying for me. See I have decided that I'm going to live with my wonderful Gahgee in the wonderful mountains of upstate New York this summer. But there is one important thing that is needed to make this happen, a job and well the whole point of this is a job in the outdoor industry. SO please be praying that doors are open and I find that job, because the whole process of even looking is so intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment