Wednesday, December 15, 2010

( so I was reluctant to post this because I don't want people to worry but I also felt like I need to share more, whatever you do make sure you don't only read part of this)
So a common theme during USP is tension. The difficult time that will arise during the semester that will help you grow as a person.
I had my first crying experience yesterday. I am very very low on sleep thanks to a rooster that wakes me up at 4:30 in the morning. I am realizing once again (for like the one hundredth time) how special the community at CCU is, and well it makes me miss it. And then my canceled class was going to be held after all with my officially worst favorite teacher. It was to much to handle. And I had one of those feeling that I just wanted to go home.....

But God is good really good. and it's weird this morning I was sitting in my faith and Action class. Which is my only all American class. and I just kept on thinking about Scotland. One of the things I have learned here is how much I truly do feel called to live there someday, and how you can't just make up those feelings. Because believe me if you could, I would of made those feelings up about Uganda, and it would be more then just a place I'm studying at for the semester. And the more I thought about living in Scotland one day, the more I became comfortable with living here for the semester. How the stuff I learn here could really help me in the future. And then I started to dream about stuff like helping train and being emotional support for missionaries in other places, while living in Scotland, and well I started to get excited, really excited.
Part of the thing that has been hard here, is that I'm not adapting to the Ugandan culture as well as I adapt to the culture in Scotland. Instead of feeling like I understand it well enough to help other people adapt, I feel like I need help myself. But it's good really good, because I know this will help me in the future, help others.

Well I know this post will be continued further, but right now it's time for a nap. I love you all and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment