Sunday, December 5, 2010

Incorporating Uganda life into America

This time is going to be gone in a mere week and a half's time
I often think here that I haven't changed at all, and then I do something like write a Christmas list and it slaps me in the face.
I'm so glad we are going to be going through re-entry in Entebbe, I need it.
I know some part of incorporating what I have learned here and experienced here at home will be easy, such as presence, and others will be hard such as street food and walking.
It's going to be weird going back, while I believe home wont feel terribly different, going back to CCU is going to be very different. In some ways I feel like I am transferring all over again. The emotion of leaving people behind that I had before going to CCU, it is defiantly there and very real.
Not to say I am not excited, I have much more purpose and direction behind my major after being here. I think I'm actually going to speak in class, my professors might faint. And mountains oh my goodness they are calling my heart. And I miss my friends so much. And I'm ready to be back to my addicted to volunteering self. Snappers and street church you have been on my heart all semester, I miss ya so much.

Has anybody who is reading this gone through reverse culture shock before? Does anybody have any pearls of wisdom for me? Does anyone have any advice? Please even if you're a secret reader of my blog ( I know plenty of people read it and don't comment thanks to my little map) if you have any advice please leave a comment. It's okay with me if you don't tell me who you are.

1 comment:

  1. i realized i haven't caught up on your blog in a while - sorry - and thanks for putting the link on FB and waking me up! I love hearing your heart and your thoughts, and I can't waith to hug you in persons (and give you a pat on the head, too)! I love you bunches!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete