Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why I resonate with reformed theology has a lot to do with my high school experience.
I am on the extroverted side (i have my introverted moments) and for the majority of my life, I have been the girl that even though I wasn't their best friend, they liked me I have always been the sweet girl, the nice girl,and even though I was a little different because of my speech, I always had friends, I felt loved by at least a minority
Well this wasn't the case in high school. I was lonely in high school, and got to a point my sophomore year that I literally felt loved by no one at school. While other kids hung out with friends on the weekend, I hung out out with my parents. I hit rock bottom, and wanted to desperately run away and start a new life, but couldn't. So I did the only thing I could do, I prayed
I prayed for new friends
but I also prayed that God would help me understand why I was going through this hard time.
And well God answered both prayers.
He showed me that the hard time was like a refining fire, he was using it to shape me.
Yet, places tell me that God doesn't have any part in the bad times we go through, because he is a good God
I can't agree.
Without my high school experience I wouldn't be who I am today
God is all powerful
He uses bad times for his Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment