Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm feeling super thankful today
Tornados struck the south like never before last night
and one came a little too close for comfort, the huge mile wide tornado was only a couple miles away from my sister's home
I don't know if I've ever felt as helpless as I did last night sitting in the cafeteria, knowing there was a huge tornado near my sister's home and having no idea if it would hit her and Keith or not (for a couple of minutes all I knew was that she was ducking in cover and that it was bad), it was one of the times that the only thing I could do was pray, and I had to be okay with that.

Some of the people I know were not as lucky, I have heard that some of my friends from Shorter have family whose homes were destroyed. The college I went to freshman year has a lot of down trees and the power is still off. Thankfully as far as I know everyone is safe and accounted for. Be keeping them in your prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment