Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SO I was just reading in my new testament book, and it was describing the city of Jerusalem and the mountains that surround it. I cant help but compare it to where I am now. Not in anyways saying Denver is a more holy city. But just the fact that God created the mountains and the foothills I see everyday on my way to class for his glory.
My love I am slowly developing for the mountains here is one of the most expected and unexpected things about ccu. I knew I was going to love them, but i did not realize how important they would be to me. When I walk to class and I see the foothill that peers over campus, it is as if I am seeing the majesty of God in one snapshot. These mountains are indeed capturing my heart, and changing my life.

So I wrote that passage last year, describing my love for the mountains in Colorado, and also how those mountains were bringing scripture to life. And it's happening again. Being here, walking down dirt paths, living a more simple life is bringing scripture to life once again. And if that's the only thing I get from my time in Uganda it's worth it.
Because I don't necessarily feel called to missions in Africa, I can help but sometimes wonder why I'm here. Because I miss home, and miss pine trees and deep dark woods. But then I realize how much this place is allowing me to grow, how much in a way it's showing me more of who I truly am. It's teaching me about community, it's teaching me about love, it's bringing scripture to life.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kim - it's so neat to think about the different start to your last 2 years and see how God is using every experience and adventure, every trial and triumph and every single day to mold and shape you into who He intends for you to be. We're praying for you every day and we love seeing how you're embracing this time of your life. We miss you!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete