Friday, September 10, 2010

Settling in

The longer I'm here, the more I get used to it, the more it becomes not strange,but familiar. It's weird, some things here that would be so weird back in the US. things such as not have a shower and having to take a bath with a bucket, seem normal. things that we regard as vital in the US, such as air conditioning, I hardly notice are gone. And there are parts of life here that I already know I will miss when I get home, such as being outside, living in open buildings. Part of me wants to always live like this, it makes me want to do something crazy like living in a tent.

I miss my family and friends ( A lot I love you guys) , but besides that I only miss little things, stuff like fall and pine trees, and crisp dry air. It's weird how such a different life, can seem so normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment