Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another bump in the road

SO mentally my brain is starting to get used to the idea of living in Uganda. I've worked things out and Uganda is defiantly becoming my home away from home. Eating is easier, bathing is easier, I'm still wondering why half of the US even has air conditioning, and does Canada have air conditioning, that's even more ridiculous. ( as long as I'm not in the south or the mid west I'm thinking this wont be part of my life again). I'm into the rhythm of classes, calling home. I feel connected with people here. Mentally it's good really good

By my body is protesting and saying no! no! you cant get used to life in Uganda. Monday on my walk home I slipped on the rolling gravel and tore up my side. It's pretty much the worst SCRAPE (which are never serious) I've ever had. And then today woke up with nausea, which if you know me you know that isn't really a typical thing for me at all. Just typical Ugandan life though everyone in the USP program is going through the same type of things.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kimberly,
    Your experience in Uganda really sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and it's incredible that you are adjusting to such a different way of life.

    Would you be interested in guest writing for Pink Pangea (http://www.pinkpangea.com), the first online community for women travelers?

    Pink Pangea's goal is to make travel easier, safer, and more fulfilling for women of all ages. We are looking for adventurous and eloquent students who are studying abroad to document their experience, while discussing issues that are relevant to women travelers. It would be great if you could post about your experience in Uganda, providing anecdotes and photos from your time abroad.

    I look forward to reading more about your experiences abroad!

    Hope to hear from you soon,
    Rachel
    rachel@pinkpangea.com
    http://www.PinkPangea.com

    ReplyDelete