Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I just signed up for a reunion of my study abroad program, I'm pretty excited.
But it makes me remember, and well it makes me realize how much I have truly changed since August 24th, 2010.
While I'm still me, everything seems different,  my outlook on life is different, my outlook on my faith is different, my outlook on the world is different, and I couldn't be more thankful.  Thankful, because as far away as God sometimes felt when I was there, that semester abroad taught me what it means to follow him. I went there blindly, and in many ways I left blindly, not understanding the real purpose. But as time has passed, this purpose has become clearer. I'm thankful that I see things from an international point of view now, and that it taught me that life is not always how i see it. I'm glad for the way it made me focus on integrity and principles, instead  rules and appearances. It almost feels like God has taken my heart and has given it a new color. The structure is the same, but it looks and feels completely different.

"Never be afraid to trust your unknown future
to a Known God"
-Corrie Ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment