Monday, April 16, 2012

The closer it gets to leaving the more special Uganda becomes

It's funny, When I first got here I honestly would of jumped up and down if you told me I got to go home in 4 1/2 weeks and now just the thought brings a lump in my throat. In a way I skipped the honeymoon phase of culture shock, and went almost directly to the rejection phase, so my whole time here has been focus on acceptance, not regaining a silly emotional high that I had at the beginning of the trip. And for me this is a good thing a very good thing. I am a person who gets overly excited way to easily, and well once I have experienced euphoria i seems like something is wrong if it is no longer there.
But this journey of acceptance, well has made me realize for one thing if God ever called me to Uganda long term I could not only do it but also enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment