Wednesday, November 2, 2011

These past two weeks I saw the danger of grey thinking
not that it's always wrong
Jesus made it clear that their are grey areas of life, no one besides God has all the answers, and those that believe they do often become pharisees
buy when tolerance becomes our goal and not truly having an open mind to God
we get in trouble
Sin becomes no longer sin because we tolerate it, and slowly people start down a path where God is the God we think he is in our heads.
I once heard a quote that describes this perfectly. it went something like this, If God hates everything we hate we have taken a wrong turning
We can't make up who God is
God is God he is unchangeable, he is Holy

but to figure out who God is and what he has made us to be. We must look towards him, we must read scripture, always remembering context context context. We must seek truth, we must see love, we must seek God
Growing closer to God is a struggle, it's important to wrestle with scripture, so that we can fully understand.
Just because part of the bible offends us, doesn't mean we are interpreting it wrong,or that the bible is untrue(it's not). It might be God pointing something in our hearts that we need to bring to him

As C.S Lewis once said "Safe, who said anything about safe, 'Course he isn't safe, but he is good, He's the King I tell you"
1 Corinthians 10 gives us a beautiful picture of why this is important

*my heart is broken by what I have seen on facebook this week, in regards to an action made by my old college. God's truth should reign in our lives, not the worlds truth.
(I do not fully know if I support the actions of Shorter College, there are many comments on the petition that make me question if I do, even though I am happy that they are emphasizing christian education, I wonder sometime if they are seeking the SBC's truth, not God's truth)

but to put things in perspective, this is what I think about legalism
"I have three things I'd like to say today. First, while you were sleeping last night, 30,000 kids died of starvation or diseases related to malnutrition. Second, most of you don't give a shit. What's worse is that you're more upset with the fact that I said shit than the fact that 30,000 kids died last night"
more on this quote about the Dalit freedom network 's visit to CCU next time

No comments:

Post a Comment