Sunday, November 20, 2011

celebrations of a charismatic calvinist

I was just reading a statement on the Gifts of the Spirit by the PCA
and well I am very surprised to say I agree with all but baptism of the spirit*
In this document it makes some things very clear
such as that God DOES heal today, which is a blessing to a girl convinced of God's healing power
Pretty much it just believes that the gifts of the spirit should not be the focus of the church, and that they must be orderly when practiced so that the church is not divided and anger is not brought up.

This is a statement I can fully fully agree with. I have seen how charismatic gifts can go too far, and divide a church, I hope I never have to go through that again.
God must be the focus, signs and wonders should not be what we seek,
For when we seek signs and wonders are we truly following God with our whole heart?
Because if we are following God with our whole heart, doesn't it mean we should worship him even if all the gifts had stopped.

but this does not mean they do not happen today
because we serve an all powerful God, that is bigger and greater then we can possibly imagine, and because of this we can not put limits on what he can do. We must hold everything up to God's holy scripture. We must follow God with all our HEART, soul, and MIND

* listen to John Piper's sermon concerning the matter, turned my heart which was very set that it occurred at salvation, to believing in baptism of the holy spirit as a separate occurrence once again

No comments:

Post a Comment