Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm missing Uganda, but not in the missing USP way like I usually do
I'm missing the sights, the smells, the green
Like the walk I used to talk to my intro to Ugandan politics class
through the forest, and the sticky red mud.
I'm missing the monkeys, and the view from the top of the hill. The view that is unlike anything we have in America
I'm missing the way it smelled when it rained, like everything was being washed clean and becoming new
I miss my homestay, and playing with little constance
I miss the plants there
and the toucan that tried to attack me while I was in the shower
Chapatis and rolex's
and honestly this feeling is starting to scare me, it's the same feeling I had before I signed up for my study abroad semester in Uganda. Could you God possibly be leading me to go someplace crazy again? or back to Uganda? the one place I thought i would never live again?
Or maybe my soul desperately misses the outdoors, oh I need to return to the mountains it's been way to love. I'm longing to live deep and suck the marrow out of life. To walk through trees and hear the crunch of snow. I'm in colorado for goodness sakes

No comments:

Post a Comment