Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm reading for Global Engagement right now. and the more I read the more I realize that it is restoring my hope back to God, something I never knew I lost.
But I saw the suffering and I think somewhere in my subconscious I wondered where were you God? Where were you during the Rwandan Genocide? Are you with the children with swollen bellies? Why don't you stop it? Why have you given me so much, when others have so little?
I knew God was good, I knew he loved me, but I forgot God was just, I forgot that God wants to show his love to the whole world through his people, it started to feel like a self struggle I made up myself.
I forgot that God tells us that he is in the places on earth where the darkness reigns. And I forgot that the reason I feel called to missions is because God is calling me to be his hands and his feet in these areas. In the areas of Scotland where rates of SAD and depression are so high that elementary schools have posters about depression, God has called me to help bring his joy. For the first time in a long time, I feel on fire for what God wants me to do in the future. I feel purpose; I feel mission. All from a book on social justice. Glenn Beck I never liked you much anyway, but by making social justice a curse word you have done the the church great harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment