Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm kind of a free spirit you might say, something flipped in my brain sometime between the end of high school and the beginning of CCU and I really don't mind thinking differently then those around me. It's been the distinguishing feature of my college career actually. as I've said before most of time in class is spent feeling like the most liberal or the most conservative person there. I lean towards Calvinism at a school where it's pretty unheard of. But the thing is after awhile thinking for yourself and forming your own opinions gets a little lonely. I start to wonder sometime if there is anyone that thinks like me in the state of Colorado. Days like last year when Sarah Palin came to town were especially hard.
But then there are other days, days that the other people who think for themselves talk up in class. They vent their frustration, and say what the bible tells them even if it isn't the popular opinion. These days my soul breathes a sigh of relief, and I get a better picture of what it means to be the body of Christ. Because my automatic reaction isn't being defensive, because it isn't the same old, same old. I become inspired to grow closer to God and to make a difference in the world. I learn.
Thank you God for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment