Monday, January 23, 2012

Fearfully and wonderfully made


http://vimeo.com/35372448
There's a movement at my school this week called the beauty movement. Where girls at my school are abstaining from makeup, from jewelry, and from dressing up in order to focus on inner beauty.
Because I'm a pretty natural girl, I really wasn't planning on going out of my way to participate. But I was planning on not wearing makeup.
Well my plans changed this morning when i realized how hard it was for me to not pay a lot of attention to what I was wearing, and not wear mascara. So I threw on old clothes, my glasses and went to class. Not trying to look unkempt, but not putting any effort into it either and decided to fully participate.
I want to support this movement. anyone who knows about this blog should also know my testimony. My testimony of feeling completely alone in high school. I am still learning the effects this had on my self esteem, on my feelings of inadequacy. But God rescued me from these feelings, and changed my life. He showed me the beautiful person that he created me to be. He showed me how special I am, and gave me greater friends then I could ever imagine in college. He gave me freedom
I have also seen the pressures that society puts on women to be beautiful terrorize people close to me. So I desire to pray for the girls who truly need this week that they also find the freedom that they seek. The freedom to know that God made them beautiful just they way they are. To know that beauty doesn't come from from our efforts but from our heart. Friends and family: will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment