Sunday, December 4, 2011

unless I'm doing a terrible job at listening, I don't think God wants me to live in Uganda again, It's not where he has called me, it's not how he has made me
but Uganda my semester there changed my heart at it's very core and now almost a year later, I'm still adjusting to life in the US, still trying to live as this new me.
It's not hard anymore
I don't have moments of crying, of feeling utterly alone,
but my study abroad experience changed me, and there's a part of me that wants to go back
I've realized how fragile my heart was when I was in Uganda, because it has started to heal.
That summer before, was the worst summer of my life, and my heart needed a lot of healing
I believe Uganda was part of it, but it hurt my experience. Part of me wants to go back. But I know it's not where God wants me.
But maybe one day, some day he will allow me a visit

No comments:

Post a Comment