Wednesday, May 12, 2010

SO I just read the handbook for my Uganda Studies Program
and I am so excited so so so very excited
It is still way outside my comfrot zone, unlike anything I have ever done before but just the closing sentance
"Living in Africa is not as hard as you think. You can do it."
was like it was written for me
Yes as of right now my heart might seem like it's still in India and in Scotland. But my heart is slowly growing for Africa I love the importance relationships have there, and well I'm excited for my heart to grow by leaps and bounds for the place. Yes it will be hard. I'll see horrible poverty, I'll have to make friends once again, with Ugandans who it frankly will be hard to relate to, for the first time in my life I'll be the minority. But all of these thing also make me excited
God's taking this little heart of mine and reshaping it, he's teaching me how to make it shine, and I'm excited for the journey.

by the way this blog is mainly going to be used this summer for my preperatons for Uganda and I won't be able to write during the month of June but please stick with me. Once I get to Uganda I am hoping to still write on here some but I will have no motivation to deal with the slow internet if I think no one is reading it. Also because the handbook said this is easiest, i might be creating a new blog with fellow students once I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment