Thursday, February 11, 2010

a honest post..

So I love Colorado, to be honest I think it's my favorite place I have ever lived and I have quite a lot to choose from. But there's part of me deep inside that occasionally misses Georgia. And I wonder why. I love Colorado, to the point where I feel sometimes like it's the perfect place for me to live. and to be honest it wasn't until the last 4 years that Cobb County even felt like home.And then I went to shorter and never felt so out of place in the south in my life.

I think more than anything is no matter your feeling for a place, the longer you live somewhere, the more it becomes your home. The environment you are in always shapes what you become, and this environment includes culture. The people you are surrounded by , even if there not friends, become your community. And well this takes time, lots of time, it defiantly took time for this to happen in Georgia. And i guess part of me is tired of the process, the process of being new and becoming not new.
But then I remember how rewarding it is. I feel like I have people in both Georgia, and New Jersey, who are like a second family and I know will always be part of my life even if it is only memories. I'm starting to feel this way about Colorado. I'm ready to feel all the way like Colorado is a home, and not just an awesomely fantastic place I get to live

by the way just to let everyone know this is no way a reflection on CCU, I actually thought a couple time this week about how so much of what I dreamed CCU is like, is really true

No comments:

Post a Comment