Wednesday, June 25, 2014

As C.S Lewis said We are far too easily pleased.


So yet again today, i didn't get a job. It hurts. But this time, it's different the result is different.all because of What God told me last week.
It's not where you live but how you live.  
Life is life no matter where you live it, and you are you no matter where you are
In college God radically changed my worldview. He taught me compassion, and mercy, but more then that he allowed me to have a little glimpse into his heart for the world and how to best serve it.
And friends this is so very different then model we have for it, because God's view of us and his people is so different from the worlds.
More and more I have an unquenchable desire to walk and practice this new worldview out fully. To live out the gospel. To help other people live out the gospel. To turn this world on it's head and make big waves in the church, because the church that I love deeply(thank you God for helping me with that), is so very wounded and flawed. I feel like this is my calling but right now I am making mud pies, because I can't imagine the pleasure of a holiday at sea.  Am I being afraid to trust as completely as I should?

No comments:

Post a Comment