Monday, March 31, 2014

Last year I meet 25 different high school students
25 high school students who all lived in Wilmington, DE
who are were different individuals, with different dreams and plans. 
I went to volunteer with them, to make a difference in Wilmington, to change their lives
little did I know they would really change mine

They would change the  way I look at the world, they would change the way I see people
They changed the way I saw high school. They showed me my gifts, and they showed me my weaknesses. They showed me love.

I was really lost last year, my heart was not the heart of a daughter of a king. I didn't realize what I had. I didn't realize that now a year later I would lay in my bed, wishing for one more car ride conversation.  One more celebration of doing great. I don't wish I could go back, because God has a plan and a purpose, he created me with this wonderful global heart that felt unused last year. But I do still wish for some of the wonderful moments.

 Streetleaders of 2012-2013 I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment