Tuesday, September 13, 2011

presence
it was a pivotal theme in Uganda
the idea of being all there with the people you are with
it was my hardest lesson in Uganda
I'm constantly thinking about the future without embracing the present
but as Jim Elliott says
I must not let my longing slay the appetite of the living
I must embrace this senior year
because it is this year, that will prepare me to go out
to go out into the world
It's what I have been working towards all these years
i don't want a unprepared heart, one that isn't close to God
the savior of the universe
to stop me from going
to stop me from being all he has created me to be
God create in me a new heart
and prepare a right spirit within me
Help me to put you only you first
and help me to worship you the creator
and not your creation
I must remember what I learned in Uganda
I must live simply
and in the present

Uganda taught me many things, but the biggest lesson I learned from Uganda is how to love a country where I frankly found it hard to be myself. It many ways it taught me how to dream, how to free myself. I will forever be thankful for what it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment