Sunday, August 1, 2010

3 weeks...

So I woke up in the middle of the night, and my mind started racing about Uganda and I couldnt fall back asleep. Not really surprised this happened a little surprised this is the first time.

I leave for Uganda in 3 weeks, In 3 weeks I will be living in Africa...........
Africa, you know the continent where no one goes unless there going to do missionary or relief work for the most part. The country that in it's own ways sometimes in my head seems like a different planet. A continent that is overflowing with life and Joy, and overflowing with death, evil regimes, and poverty.
It's unreal
Part of my head still can not grasp the fact that I'll be there in three weeks because it is SO unlike anything I have done before. I can imagine what it will be like, I can prepare for it, but can I truly realize this is happening, nope. It seems like just yesterday I was looking through the best semester website and for some strange reason looking at the Ugandan Studies program page.
It's weird to think that in a way I only have 3 weeks left of being me in America, It's weird to think that after three weeks the next time I will be in America is Christmas time It's weird to think I only have three weeks left with my family this summer.
I remember feeling this way before I went to Scotland the first time, and that was Scotland. Scotland completely changed my life, but honestly Scotland is a lot like America, more so then a lot of the other countries in Europe. If Scotland changed my life that much, what will Uganda do?

2 comments:

  1. This is my second try. I have to figure this out.
    My, your head was spinning. And in the middle of the night. How were you the next day? Did things look different in the day light? Make the most of your African adventure. Love you, Gahgee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim----Hope you have a wonderful, safe adventure in Uganda! You are in our prayers---it was so good to see you this summer!
    Love, Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete