Monday, July 12, 2010

I was on my way back from buying some lifesavers for my sore throat. I returned to my chair at O'Hare and noticed everyone was standing around the television watching the news I looked up on the screen. It said bombings in Uganda, my heart sunk. I soon learned that these bombings were not in the North that often sees crime but in the capital city of Kampala.
I still do not know quite what this means for my trip,but I learned this last night. That God has given me a love for Uganda, watching the TV last night seeing images of the people hurt broke my heart.
I'll admit I still find my self asking God sometimes, of all the best semester opportunities God why did you lead me to Uganda, why not Russia or China? And although it will be awhile until I find out the reasons why, I know God is giving me a love for this place and he is calling me there. And that in itself is reason enough to go.

1 comment:

  1. God is in control. If God is calling you there, you will be there, and we will all trust in His provision and care!

    ReplyDelete