Saturday, April 24, 2010

Big news...

SO my plans for next year have changed a little bit, and well even though it is my back up plan I am not planning on studying abroad in the UK next year. Crazy thing, I'm applying to a program to study abroad in Uganda next year. I have been thinking about this the whole semester, but honestly the whole thing sounded so scary I was afraid to even apply. But through hearing about Africa in class and for many other reasons my heart for the developing world has grown tremendously this semester, and through prayer and talking with the study abroad company I feel like this is the direction God is calling me towards for next year. I can't even describe how excited I am.
So if your be praying that for 1 I get in and that 2 I only go if it is where God is calling me to because as a man from Liberia said thursday night: only go to Africa if God is calling you there.
If I get in I am sure there will be many more prayer requests, but it's at the beginning stages right now, and to be honest I'm still wondering if I'm crazy






A Glimpse Into My Heart

This video does not complelty describe my heart of why I want to go there, but it does describe a side of Africa that most people are unaware of, their joy, this joy was once the reason where I felt uncalled to Africa, because I felt like I needed to bring the joy of Christ to people who had none. But now I have a desire to celebrate life with them, to learn from them a little more about what true joy truly is

1 comment: