Monday, August 31, 2009

SO I was just reading in my new testment book, and it was decribing the city of Jerusalem and the mountains that surround it. I cant help but compare it to where I am now. Not in anyways saying Denver is a more holy city. But just the fact that God created the mountains and the foothills I see everyday on my way to class for his glory.
My love I am slowly developing for the mountains here is one of the most expected and unexpected things about ccu. I knew I was going to love them, but i did not realize how important they would be to me. When I walk to class and I see the foothill that peers over campus, it is as if I am seeing the majesty of God in one snapshot. These mountains are indeed capturing my heart, and changing my life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I agree - the mountains shout out God's glory. Love ya, Dad
    Psalm 125
    1 Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.
    2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
    so the LORD surrounds his people
    both now and forevermore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's such a gift that even as you expected to love the mountains, you are still being unexpectedly captured by their significance. And I love that verse Dad posted - how awesome to be reminded everyday as you see the mountains surrounding you that God's love is surrounding you as well!

    ReplyDelete